The Maine Affordable Housing Coalition is a diverse coalition of more than 125 public and private sector organizations, with a mission to raise public awareness and advance solutions that create and preserve affordable housing in Maine. Learn more...
- With nearly 70% support, Maine voters approve statewide ballot question #2 for the construction of safe, affordable senior housing! Thank you to everyone who voted as well as the large coalition of housing, aging, construction and community development organizations who worked so hard to get this critical bond measure on the ballot.
- For a summary of the Senior Affordable Housing Bond, click here.
- FEBRUARY 2015: Maine Affordable Housing Coalition releases new research by Abt Associates on Maine’s senior population, housing stock and unmet senior housing needs.
- To read the executive summary, click here.
- To read the full report, click here.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development publishes long-awaited Notice eliminating requirement of UFAS compliance.
- To read MAHC's press release announcing the publication of this Notice, click here.
- To see MAHC's 2013 letter to Senator Collins seeking the elimination of the UFAS requirement, click here.
- Maine Affordable Housing Coalition releases Doing Well by Doing Good, a new 6 1/2 minute film documenting the economic impact of affordable housing development in Maine. Click here to ask Maine’s Senate delegation to continue their support for proven housing programs like the Low Income Housing Tax Credit, which has created or preserved more than 12,000 quality, affordable homes for Maine people while also creating thousands of jobs in the construction sector.
- Click here to watch the video on YouTube.
MAHC and Partner Organizations Release 12-minute Film on Housing Choice Vouchers in Maine, entitled Along the Way Home. To see the film and help bring more vouchers to Maine please click here.